The Storm the 'Scarpment race format has been completely overhauled from its previous relay-style design, to feature two entirely new course options set against the backdrop of the mighty Niagara Escarpment. We've re-written the playbook from start to finish to create a whole new adventure race experience, made up of paddleboarding, mountain biking, paddling and trekking stages for solo racers and teams of two.
Similar to our signature Storm the Trent race in May, the 'new' Storm the 'Scarpment is offered by way of two separate racecourses. The Summit short-course and Apex long-course race options provide racers with the choice of an introductory-level 25km route or a more challenging 50km course design, each of which will highlight some of the best features of Escarpment Country adventure terrain. Racers can expect lots of short and fast stages with numerous transitions and an abundance of fantastically fun singletrack, but with paddleboarding now added as a feature discipline.
Storm the 'Scarpment will be taking a one-year hiatus in 2016, as we seek out a new host venue for future events. Be sure to check back in again for details on the 2017 race! In the meantime, check out its Spring counterpart Storm the Trent, at www.stormthetrent.com
25km and 50km course options, each made up of:
- paddleboarding, mountain biking, paddling and trail running sections
- marked and unmarked sections (varies by course)
- solo and team of two category options
- Solo (open and masters men's & women's divisions)
- Teams of 2 (all-male, all-female and coed divisions)
|Who's Racing:||Click here for the registered team list|
|Need a Team?||Post a topic on our Storm Racing team finder forum|
|Local Weather:||Click here for the Weather Network forecast|
|Complete Info:||Click here for the racer information package|
Paddleboards and SUP paddles will be provided - racers may not bring their own.
Canoe & Kayak Rentals:
Notes on Rentals:
- Only solo racers may book kayaks - teams must paddle in canoes.
- Paddles, throw lines and bailers will be included with your rental. You may bring your own paddles if you choose.
- Rentals do not include PFD's. Each racer is required to bring their own Coast Guard or Department of Transportation approved lifejacket.